Welcome to the case study assignment for the third module of the course. From the background material you notice that warehousing technology and warehousing management styles are changing. Warehouse management systems (WMS) are also coming into common practice to be critical to the successful operation of today’s warehouse.
After reading the articles on the Module Background page and doing some of your own research, write a 5-6 page paper discussing the following question:
Why is a state-of-the-art WMS critical to the operation of a modern warehouse?
This article will be used for the case study assignment:
Anonymous. (2002). WMS drives efficient parts distribution. Modern Materials Handling, 57(12). Retrieved on December 9, 2014, from ProQuest. (ProQuest doc ID 236506617) (SEE ATTACHED)
Research the topic with information from the background readings as well as any other resources you find on your own. The paper should be 5-6 pages in length and have a cover sheet and a reference page. Clarity of presentation is important, as well as your ability to cover the topic in a succinct, organized manner with research to back up your points. Use at least 4 different sources ( Include Provided article) of information and annotate your sources of information appropriately on your references page and within the text as necessary. You will be assessed on how well you demonstrate your understanding of state-of-the-art warehouse management tools and the benefits and challenges of implementation.
Your paper will be graded using the rubric.
- There is no set response to the case questions so don’t hesitate to think outside the box.
- It is essential to provide a well written paper with detailed analysis.
- Read and Understand Assignment instruction and follow it .
- READ the information provided by the resources and references on the Reading Material Background page ( see attached). Understand the theory and concept of process management and productivity improvement.
- The report should be at least 5–6 pages, Double Space, APA Citation
- Reference needs to be credible sources (Not Wikipedia)
- Do not Submit Previously submitted Work
- No Plagiarism (Will use Turnitni.com to check Plagiarism)