Ashford 6: – Week 5 – Final Research Paper
Final Research Paper
Before you submit your Final Research Paper, make sure that you have
- Reviewed the “Research Paper Guidelines” to ensure your paper addresses all required components and develops a clear position in response to one of the writing prompts provided.
- Reviewed the Model Final Research Paper in order to understand expectations for the assignment.
- Incorporated a minimum of five scholarly sources.
- Provided well-researched evidence to support each claim.
- Incorporated feedback or suggestions into your revisions.
- Proofread your final draft for errors in grammar, mechanics, and style.
- Written a paper that is approximately seven to ten pages total in length, including
- a title page
- five to seven pages of body text (1,500 to 2,000 words)
- a references page
- Formatted your paper according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Your Final Research Paper will be assessed on the following components:
- APA formatting
Submission Information: Complete the tasks above and save the document as a Microsoft Word or compatible .doc or .docx file. Submit your assignment via the Assignment Submission button. Please use a naming convention for your assignment file that includes your last name, the week number, and the assignment number. So, your Final Research Paper assignment should bear a file name that looks like: smith_w5_a1.doc.
Writing the Final Research Paper
The Final Research Paper
- Must have a body length of five to seven double-spaced pages formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought, well-supported claims, and properly cited evidence.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use and cite at least five scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Late Policy: Written assignments (essays, journals, presentations) are due on the specified days in the course. Written assignments will be subject to a late penalty of up to 10% per day up to three days late. If written assignments are submitted after 72 hours past the due date, instructors can give a penalty up to and including a grade of 0 for the assignment.