https://elitenursingassignments.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/logo-300x75.png 0 0 admin https://elitenursingassignments.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/logo-300x75.png admin2023-01-25 02:19:092023-01-25 02:19:09Chi-square with spss for kenman
Chi-square with spss for kenman
Calculating a chi-square concludes the types of statistical tests you have learned in this course that you might use in your own research.
To prepare for this Application:
- Review the assigned pages from Chapter 19 in the course text Research Methods in the Social Sciences.
- Review the video program for this week, located in the Learning Resources.
- Review Lessons 40, 41, 42, and 44 in the course text Using SPSS for Windows and Macintosh: Analyzing and Understanding Data.
- Access the gss04student_corrected dataset in the Course Information area of the classroom to use for this Application
- Craft up to a one page double-spaced write up of the statistical results (include any additional pages needed for any APA tables or graphs and the SPSS syntax and output) in which you do the following:
- State the statistical assumptions for this test.
- Using the data set you have selected, choose independent and dependent variables.
- Develop the null hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis.
- Use SPSS to calculate a chi-square.
- Decide whether to reject or retain the null hypothesis.
- Generate syntax and output files in SPSS. You will need to copy and paste these into your Application document.
- Based on your SPSS analysis, report the results using correct APA format. Your report should include the following:
- SPSS syntax and output files
Data Sets and SPSS Files
- Select one of the data sets from the GSS data disk that came with the course text Research Methods in the Social Sciences. You will use this for this week’s Application.
- Sample data files to accompany the course text Using SPSS for Windows and Macintosh: Analyzing and Understanding Data