Can you do disscuission assignment due at 900 pm 9/11/16 eastern time
Requirements : apa format ,12 font double space, use references please that is provided, Please do each disscussion question separtely!!!
What characteristics do you think it takes to make a social movement a success?
Learning Lessons From the History of Social Change
History provides a blueprint to which you can refer as you design approaches to improving the future. Architects understand the importance of a blueprint to realizing a future vision. A blueprint, or plan, that is informed by both the successes and failures of the past can strengthen your vision for social change. What mistakes can you learn from and avoid as they relate to past social change movements? It is important to identify the factors that have made other movements successful in order to organize your own social change efforts. To that end, in this Discussion you identify and provide a rationale for factors that contribute to the success of social change movements.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the assigned readings from the Loeb course text.
- Review the Gladwell, Goldberg, and Ling articles in this week’s resources for insights into lessons learned from social movements of the past.
- Think about historical social movements that have had a direct impact on your own life. Reflect on the laws or social norms that have been challenged, upheld, or changed, allowing for an improved quality of life for specific populations.
- Consider your perspective on the elements of historical social movements that have particular relevance today.
- Bear in mind the strategies used by historical social movements and how they have built momentum to today’s movements.
- Read the Discussion Spark topic, question, or comment posted by your Instructor in the Discussion thread on Day 1.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 2 a response to the Discussion Spark post. Your response should contain at least two significant paragraphs. Read the Discussion Rubric, as it will inform your writing. Important Note: The Discussion Spark and the weekly Discussion topic below will be graded together. You will see one score in your My Grades area.
Post by Day 4 an explanation of factors that contribute to the success of social movements. In what ways can you pattern socially responsible action today after successful movements of the past? What circumstances have changed over time that might necessitate differences in approach?
Support your assertions by making at least two references, in proper APA format, to your course readings
Note: To access this week’s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in the Course Materials section of your Syllabus.
- Loeb, P. R. (2010). Soul of a citizen: Living with conviction in challenging times (rev. ed.). New York, NY: St. Martin’s Griffin.
- Chapter 3, “One Step at a Time” (pp. 64–81)
- Chapter 4, “The Cynical Smirk” (pp. 82–104)
- Gladwell, M. (2010). Small change. The New Yorker, 86(30), 42–49.
Copyright 1998 by History Today, Ltd. Reprinted by permission of History Today, Ltd. via the Copyright Clearance Center. Group Project Resources. Seminal.
- Goldberg , R. A. (2010). The challenge of change: Social movements as non-state actors. Utah Law Review, (1), 65–79. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Ling, P . (1998). Martin Luther King’s half-forgotten dream. History Today, 48(4), 17–22. Copyright 1998 by History Today, Ltd. Reprinted by permission of History Today, Ltd. via the Copyright Clearance Center. Group Project Resources. Seminal.
- Document: Course Project Overview and Guidelines (Word documen